Monday, January 5, 2009

The start of the year

I went for my first dip in the local swimming pool on Sunday. It was quite a funny experience. It started in the changing room where Mummy lay me down to change me into my 'baby wetsuit' and was instantly surrounded by all these older Korean ladies. They squatted beside me and kept me company while Mummy went about taking ALL my layers off. They were very friendly and I don't think that Mummy had to rugby tackle them away, which is what she feels like doing occasionally when they tell her how to look after me! As soon as we arrived at the baby pool and Mummy started taking me into the water all of the Koreans in the BIG pool stopped swimming and lined the side of the pool and watched me. I felt very important and just between you and me I began showing off just how good I was in the water, floating around, bobbing up and down and right at the end I must have done something to bother Mummy 'cause she dunked me under! The cheek of it! I was very brave ( because everyone was watching me) and I didn't even cry. She didn't give me much time to take a drink either so next time I'll have to be a bit quicker... Mummy and Daddy were very proud of me but really there isn't much to it. I think I will be an Olympic swimmer for Korea when I grow up.

Mummy and Daddy took me out to celebrate the end of the year. We went up to a nice hotel with an outside ice skating rink and met some of their friends. It was very crowded and some silly woman bumped into me and woke me up. It was a little chilly outside, -10 so we decided to go home early so Mummy and Daddy could play scrabble. They tell me that they like to party but I think they exaggerate a lot, nowadays nothing makes them happier than to play scrabble with me.

Ive got some more visitors coming this weekend, Auntie Kylie and Uncle Tom. I cant wait to give them some practise. I'm going to save all my tricks up for them, he he, that will keep them on their toes.

Thank you everyone for my lovely Christmas presents. Mummy and Daddy wouldn't let me open them but I'm sure that was for a 'good reason!'. Next year please write on the outside of the parcel, 'Only for Jasper to open, not for mummies or daddies who like to spoil little boy's fun!'

Until next week.... Ka kite

No comments: